Intervention: Anything But My Own Skin

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Worship is a lifestyle

I won't lie.  I do not have a single musical bone in my body.  When it comes to singing, playing, an instrument or keeping a beat, for me, it is impossible.  It's not one of my strengths.  But the church is always talking about how we will forever be in worship and we should worship the name of the Father.  But I can't sing or play an instrument.  In fact, when I'm in Church and everyone seems to be singing and connecting with the Father through their musical talents, I stand there stiff as a board with my hands in my pockets and my mind wandering to things that have nothing to do with Church.

Well today, all that changed.  The leader of the worship service said something that made my day.  He said, "Worship does not begin and end with a song, no, worship does not have an end or beginning, but instead worship is how we live our lives."

Chills went down my spine, knowing that I could worship through how I conduct my every day life.  I could worship by living my life the way I'm suppose to.  I can worship by creating the natural highs in my life.

Read my story of addiction and recovery: http://www.amazon.com/Intervention-Anything-But-Own-Skin/dp/1453673547/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321900660&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment