Intervention: Anything But My Own Skin

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Addiction memoirs: Certified Addiction Counselor Training

It's official.  I have begun work at a facility where I can obtain the 4,000 hours of supervised work before I am eligible to become a Certified Addiction Counselor.  Last week was my first week.  I attended a staff meeting, a community meeting, did curfew checks, talked with residents about life issues, did drug screens, and learned as much as I could from the other counselors. What an experience.  I have been waiting to start on the training to become a Certified Addiction Counselor since I changed my major from business to psychology over three years ago.  This is right where I want to be.

I feel like I am doing what I should be and what I truly want to be doing.  How many people can say that about their job?  Sure I may never drive home the new Benz or live on a golf course, but I know now that I am fulfilling my purpose.

http://www.interventionbooks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment